The Gunnison Senior Bus services Gunnison seven days a week from 9am to 4pm.
HOW TO GET A RIDE:
- Call 970.596.6700 7 days a week, 9AM to 4PM to schedule a ride within the City of Gunnison
- If you have an appointment in Montrose or Grand Junction please call Two Buttes Senior Transportation at 970-275-4768. They will need at least 24 hours to accommodate you and your appointment must be in the middle of the day.
- You must schedule all rides at least 2 hours in advance. In order to provide exceptional service to all community members, we appreciate as much advanced notice as possible.
- Transportation service is provided 9AM to 4PM daily.
- To be eligible for Transportation Services you must be 55+ or permanently disabled.
- We will pick you up for the Young at Heart Senior Lunch Program, programs at Boomers & Beyond, medical appointments, errands, grocery trips, shopping, food pantry, beauty shop, etc.
- Please schedule your medical appointments between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM. Call as soon as you know your appointment date and time, so we can better serve your needs.
- In the event of adverse weather or unsafe transportation conditions, we will cancel Senior Transportation for the day. You will be contacted if you have a scheduled trip.
- Senior Transportation is a community tax funded program and is not a taxi service. We depend on the cooperation of our riders and serve as many people as possible. This means that you may ride a little longer or get to your appointment a little earlier to help other riders get to their respective appointments. We strive for shared rides.
- Riders must be able to get around on their own and manage their own care during trips. The drivers are not trained to be caregivers. If you are a rider who isn’t able to provide your own care then it is encourage that a caregiver accompany you.
- Rides must be scheduled a minimum of 2 hours in advance.
- Please be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. No preference is given to any individual rider.
- When scheduling a round-trip, let Senior Transportation know approximately how long you expect to be at your stop; this will allow us to plan your pick-up.
- An individual trip is considered complete when you are dropped of at your destination.
- If you must cancel a ride, please call Senior Transportation (970-596-6700) as soon as possible so we can adjust the daily schedule.
For more information please go to their website at: http://www.gunnisonvalleyrta.com/senior-bus-service/