Two Buttes Senior TransporationTwo Buttes Senior TransporationWork Phone: 970-275-4768work
Categories: Assistance/Help, Transportation
What They Do:
Two Buttes Senior Transporation offers rides to senior residents in Crested Butte as well as to Gunnison seniors who need to travel to Montrose and Grand Junction for doctors appointments.
HOW TO GET A RIDE:
- Call Barb at 970.275-4768 to arrange a ride, at least 24 hours in advance. In order to provide exceptional service to all community members, we appreciate as much advanced notice as possible.
- Doctor app
- To be eligible for Transportation Services you must be 55+ or permanently disabled.
- Please schedule your medical appointments in Montrose or Grand Junction after 1pm. Call as soon as you know your appointment date and time, so we can better serve your needs.
- In the event of adverse weather or unsafe transportation conditions, we will cancel Senior Transportation for the day. You will be contacted if you have a scheduled trip.
- Senior Transportation is a community tax funded program and is not a taxi service. We depend on the cooperation of our riders and serve as many people as possible. This means that you may ride a little longer or get to your appointment a little earlier to help other riders get to their respective appointments. We strive for shared rides.
- Riders must be able to get around on their own and manage their own care during trips. The drivers are not trained to be caregivers. If you are a rider who isn’t able to provide your own care then it is encourage that a caregiver accompany you.
- Please be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. No preference is given to any individual rider.
- When scheduling a round-trip, let Senior Transportation know approximately how long you expect to be at your stop; this will allow us to plan your pick-up.
- An individual trip is considered complete when you are dropped of at your destination.
- If you must cancel a ride, please call Senior Transportation (970-275-4768) as soon as possible so we can adjust the daily schedule.